- I speak with Leslie – one of the current operators of Habitica – the app that turns your life into a game
- We talk about how Habitica has been helping people with everything from flossing to getting through med school
- How we wish that we would spend as much time on ourselves as we do on our avatar
- How games hold the key to so many productivity efforts: motivation
- How Pokémon (aka Pokemon) and Dungeons & Dragons influenced the design of Habitica
- How Habitica toes the line between being a game and being some that helps people be productive
- The summer of Pokémon Go
- How Habitica mixed the excitement of gaming and the open-source community with the goals of launching a successful and effective tool
- Sudio Sweden headphones and earbuds – use offer code INTELLIGENCE15 at checkout to get 15% off
Share this Episode:
About +7 Intelligence
+7 Intelligence is the podcast about how games impact people.
Each episode explores a different perspective on how games profoundly influence the real world. Interviews with game designers, psychologists, professionals, and everyday players discuss the unique way that games influence their life and work.
Listen to the show:
Find the show online:
On Twitter: @7_Intelligence
On Facebook: @plus7intelligence
+7 Intelligence is a member of the Podglomerate network.
Music by Creo