- How video games can be used in mental health counseling
- Josué Cardona is a mental health counselor who founded Geek Therapy – a site and podcast network devoted to exploring how geek culture can be used in therapy
- Josué talks about how his initial attempt to use video games in therapy had some setbacks
- Josué plays games with his clients in order to connect with them
- Josué helps his clients create games using Twine in order to break down and navigate difficult situations
- Josué talks about how he prescribes video games
- We talk about how what we learn from video games is transferrable to real life
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Share this Episode:
About +7 Intelligence
+7 Intelligence is the podcast about how games impact people.
Each episode explores a different perspective on how games profoundly influence the real world. Interviews with game designers, psychologists, professionals, and everyday players discuss the unique way that games influence their life and work.
Listen to the show:
Find the show online:
On Twitter: @7_Intelligence
On Facebook: @plus7intelligence
+7 Intelligence is a member of the Podglomerate network.
Music by Creo